Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Response to Lecture

On my first day of lecture, the Professor talked about the meaning of art. He started lecture with the question “What is art” which for me is a really simple answer like “art is what we do or create”. He mentioned more in depth definition like art is what is around us and what we see. He gave us some really cool examples like a film with short clips of artistic features but others that were just plain rare. He showed us pictures, movies, and video clips that have gone viral online that have art that I didn’t even know were artistic but others that I thought were a piece of art. I really enjoyed this lecture because it was different than all my other lectures. It is different because it shows us art work rather than just words on the screen and the professor makes it fun with the stories he tells.  The lecture overall was fun and filled with interesting art works that help us think about what art really is and what it can do. It showed me different ways to think about art not just what we create which was my definition but I know it will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment