Friday, June 3, 2011

Class to take with TA

For this entry we need to write about which class we would prefer taking if our TA would get hired. Out of the three options, I would be more interested in signing up for the Spectacle Praxes course. This course seems very interesting because it would talk about spectacles and how they relate to art. Spectacles can be very small to very huge. Also what I found interesting is that it will talk about spectacles worldwide and not just in our country. We will see how they perform their spectacles and who is involved with the presentation. I like how we would be involved in workshops to create a spectacle of our own. I like how we would do a major spectacle at the end of the year in which the whole UCSB community is invited to come. This gets me excited because it would be similar to the events we did in Art 7a with the flash mobs and personal space projects where we did spectacles that the whole community saw and participated in. I would love to be a part of this course because our fabulous TA Desiree would be teaching it. I hope she gets hired to teach at UCSB.

No comments:

Post a Comment