Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weekly Documentation: Personal Space Project

For this weeks documentation, I would love to talk about my personal space project. The way I went with thinking about my topic was that I wanted to do something that involved the students of UCSB. I thought long and hard and finally realized my new idea. This was perfect because it defined personal space. I was to create a 2 way walkway in which the students and staff would be like cars and could only go in one direction. This affected their personal walking space by going into the designated area. I would do this by building some poles to separate the lanes. I went to the store with my dad and we both created them. I did my project in front of the Counseling Services center and it was a success. the students were getting involved and asked me what the whole purpose was. I told them and they would agree with my response. Some people would even stop to go into the right lane and one van had to go around. As you can see by the pictures, the van went around and the people were going in the right lanes. They also show my project in its entirety. I would love to deeply thank my Dad for his help and time to help me with my project. Thank You Dad.  I sure hope to continue making more wonderful art work in future classes.   





No comments:

Post a Comment