Saturday, May 28, 2011

Art Show Week 9

The art show that I went this week was to see the artists Stephanie Washburn and Jane Mulfinger. Stephanie Washburn is an artist whose work is mainly about drawing, photo, and sculpture. Jane Mulfinger is a collector of human artifacts. Their works revolves around humor. Humor was seen all throughout the show because the art work they showed was about other artist’s work that deals with humor. I find this to be interesting because humor is an important part of my life too and I have been told that I am a funny man. They talk about humor can be a bad thing. They showed a comic strip in which the Prophet Mohammed was portrayed in several pictures. This comic strip gained media attention and the author was in trouble. She also showed us funny pictures like a dog that was wearing boots. This picture was so funny because it reminded me of my dog, Coco, when we were trying on shoes for him so he wouldn’t get those spiky things stuck in his feet fur. She also showed us photos of her own art work. The art work was that she took random house items and puts them on the TV screen. There was one that had butter all over it. It looked so cool. Overall, this show was awesome because it showed me a new meaning to what humor is and what it looks like on art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment