Monday, May 16, 2011

Response to Lecture Week 8

Today’s art lecture was mainly focused on the idea of Persona and Personal Space. The professor started off the lecture by talking about the term happenings and how it was used in art and people who were involved. At 3:50, our class had our alarms set to ring and they all rang and the professor was really cool about it. He also took out his phone and played a tone. He talked about the artist Krysztof Wodiczko who projected light on to structures to symbolize a specific meaning. I thought this was really cool because I have never seen this performed and it just looked so cool to see someones face real big on a screen and getting a message out there. He also showed us a film about two people who were tied together for one whole year. They did everything together and they documented themselves doing ordinary everyday chores like cooking and bathing. I thought this was a really hard task to perform. I would never do this because I don’t think I would last. I highly admire the two people involved. He ended the lecture by showing the trailer and a clip from the movie The Cove. This movie really disturbed me because I didn’t like how they are slaughtering and killing these dolphins. Overall, the lecture showed me a more in depth meaning of personal space and persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment