Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Personal Space Project

For my personal space project I did a 2-way walkway. The reason I went with doing this project was because it affects peoples personal walking space. They had to walk on the designated pathway to not run into incoming people on the opposite walkway. I did this project in front of the Counseling Services Center. This was a perfect place because many people walk by there in between classes. For the walkway I used six poles made out of wood. When I went home this weekend, my dad and I built them together before leaving on our trip. We went to the store to buy nails and wood and we already had the paint. I brought them here to UCSB already made and in the morning I put them together. The public kept on questioning my project. About 5 people came up to and asked what was the purpose for the project. I explained to them about personal space and how this affected peoples walking spaces. Most of the people did go in the right pathway even if they had to move around to enter the right way. Some didn’t pay attention and went on the opposite side. Overall many people did go along with it which made me feel good. A van even had to go around to not interfere with my project

No comments:

Post a Comment