Sunday, May 1, 2011

Personal Space and Alternate Identity

For our last big assignments, our teacher assigned us a Personal Space and Alternate Identity projects. Before letting us on our own, our TA gave us some important key points with dealing with these projects. She told us we will need to get consent forms from the University. When she said that it thought this was going to be a huge project. I thought to myself “ OMG how big does this project have to be that we need consent forms!” What really helps is when she gives us examples of past experiments because it helps us think about what we are supposed to do. Of course if we still don’t get it, our TA always helps us with our ideas. One example she gave on the one dealing with Alternate Identity  was about a girl who posted a youtube video on how it is to be with no hands. The video itself was funny but the message was serious and something we have to think about. The example about the Personal space was about this guy who put on a race track suit and raced against the skateboarders. These examples made it easy for me to think about my projects because know I know what our TA is looking for.  For my personal space project I want to document myself eating too close to someone or just walking right next to a person. I want document what they think and their reactions as well. I want to know what its like to invade a  personal space.  For the Alternate Identity project, my mind is still working on that. It would be cool to be like a superhero and dress up around campus acting like one. Or I could see what is like to be some kind of animal. That would be fun. Anyways I know I can do my best in these experiments and I know more fabulous ideas will keep on coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment