Saturday, May 7, 2011

Proposals for Personal Space

Our next big project is the Personal Space Assignment. Here are three proposals I intend in doing.
The first one is to ride my bike next to people who are walking. I would find a place where there are many students walking and see how they react to my presence of riding a bike where only walking is permitted. This is good because I will see what it is like to ride my bike where it is forbidden. I want to see how peoples walking paces are affected by me coming through and if they can react.
My second proposal is to sit down in the dining commons and eat too close to a person. I would sit down and push my seat close to another person and see how they react. Will they get up and leave or will they continue eating. This is an example of Personal space because I am literally invading their personal space.  After I will ask them for their thoughts on me doing this project.
My third proposal is to walk or run close to someone. I could do this by slowly approaching someone random on the walkway, or run next to someone who is running. I want to see if they will back away or continue on the same path thinking I will get away. This is good because it invade their personal space and I want to document their reactions to my approach. I will ask them question after.

No comments:

Post a Comment