Saturday, April 30, 2011

Comics Response Chapter 9

This week’s Comics reading was really interesting. The Main Point the author makes in chapter 9 is how to understand comics and what the meaning of comics is. He first starts out by explaining that comics comes from the mind, but only a short percentage of our vision is what goes into our drawing. I find this to be true because every time I draw a picture, I first envision of what I want the outcome to be. Then I think about the methods I will apply. When its all done, I look at my drawing and notice that only a small part of my vision is actually on the drawing. I notice I added more or taken out some details. Next he talks about how comics can be open to anyone. All you need is a paper, pen/pencil, and idea, the want to be heard, to learn, and to see. This is really interesting because I do that all the time in my art and so this means that all my art is considered a comic. You need to say something with your art. It needs to tell a unique story. The author talks about how comics past is used to influence the future of comics. Comics can be as simple as cartoons, symbols, languages, or a realistic setting as long as it tells a story. This is cool because simple things can lead to big ideas. I can do a simple drawing and it can end up in a museum. We never know. We need to develop our ideas and thoughts onto a canvas a produce new art. This is why comics will continue to develop as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment