Sunday, April 3, 2011

Art Document:My Work






My art work this week was based on Puns. Puns are objects that when put together create a word. I had to think long and hard for my pun. I had a few but I just figured they weren’t as creative enough. So finally I had one. My Pun was a beanie. The way I went to putting this together was by printing out the picture of a bee and putting in next to my knee. The result would be Bee + Knee=beanie. We had to present this puns in my art class. There was a lot of interesting and funny ones. When it came to my pun, the rest of my classmates thought it was Bee’s Knees , but my intention was a beanie. I still give them credit because Bee’s Knees could also be it. This project really helped me understand Puns and how they are used. From now on, I am going to take simple objects and show them to my friends and family so that they could also know what a Pun is.
In class, our TA gave us another art project. We had to work with props. I brought a glove as my prop. We got into groups of five and used our five props to make a commercial. Our TA was playing the role of the customer. Our first props included a helmet, glove, a flash light, and a Christmas decoration stick. We thought of our commercial and it was about men having their own manly carrying case. The helmet was like the bag and the rest of the items were put into it. Then we had to switch groups. Our new props included sunglasses, a long stick, a hairclip, a weird headpiece with zig-zags at the top. Our commercial was about trapping people. I played the role of the trapped person. The headpiece was like the trap and the stick was used to poke you painfully and the clip was a travel size. The commercial was successful and our classmates loved it.



BEE + KNEE=BEANIE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment