Thursday, April 28, 2011

Favorite Artist: Leonardo Da Vinci

One of my all time favorite artist is the famous Leonardo Da Vinci. He is famous around the world and his art is spectacular. His work is in prestigious museums. There was a movie called The Da Vinci Code that takes place in Paris. I highly admire Leonardo Da Vinci because he created The Last Supper. The Last Supper is a famous painting in which it portrays the final days of Jesus. I have been familiar to this portrait because I have seen it all my life. Everywhere I went whether it be my aunt’s house or a restaurant, The Last Supper made its presence known. I believe this painting is a part of me and I would definitely have it in my house when I get older. My parents would always tell me the significance of the portrait because I would always ask. It usually tends to be hanging near the dinner table. I would always gaze up at it and think about its meaning. Even today, when I go to my house and see the painting, I think about the life of Jesus and how he sacrificed himself to save us. This portrait means a lot to me.
                                                                                  The Last Supper
 
Mona Lisa

Another famous piece by Leonardo Da Vinci is The Mona Lisa. The Mona Lisa is an interesting art piece to look at. People have told me that she has a secret and that is why she is smiling. That you need to look carefully into her eyes to see what she is hiding. This piece is mysterious and brings many thoughts to whoever observes the painting. I hope to one day see the actual painting so I could analyze it more thoroughly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment