Saturday, April 23, 2011

Art Show Week 4

The art show I attended this week was to see the artist Enrique Martinez Celaya. His art pieces are featured in many museums and he writes and lectures on the subject of art. Apart from being an artist, he is a trained scientist. He mentioned that he abandoned physics for art and that his parents were not happy about this. This made me think about the parents. Why were they disappointed about him being an artist? If this were my son, I would have encouraged him to pursue his dream and to be happy because that’s what matters. He showed us pictures of some of the art work he has done. This work included sculptures and drawings. Enrique Martinez Celaya told us about the time he cut his hand while working on a sculpture. The injury was severe and stitches were needed to fix the problem. Even with the accident, he continued to do art work as usual. This showed me and the rest of the audience that this is a strong and dedicated man because anyone would have quit and said that this is not for me, but not him. His art work was interesting and from viewing his pieces, I saw no resemblance of physics. Overall the art show was interesting and it ended with the audience asking a series of questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment