Friday, April 29, 2011

Art Show Week 5

This week I went to an art show by Ilene Segalove. She started off by saying that she was a UCSB student and that she works with radio, video, and audio. I highly admire her because she can do all those things and call them art. She is able to try new things and experiment with them. She told us that she worked for TV and wondered if in a reality show were the actors real or just following a script. When she made that point, I wondered about reality TV too and if the actors where following if script. If they were then it wasn’t reality TV in my perspective. After giving a talk, she showed us a video called The Mom Tapes in which she filmed her family doing random stuff. I think that the point of this video was to show how she interacted with her family and what their thoughts on life were. After the video, she showed us pictures of self portraits. She would show herself with pants and not shirt on and also pictures of her and her family. This pictures showed me that her family played an important role in her life. She showed how much she cared for them and this made me relate to her because my family is very important to me too. She ended the art presentation by showing cartoon drawings she had made. I thought they were amazing and hope she will make more.


No comments:

Post a Comment