Monday, April 18, 2011

Response to Lecture Week 4

Today’s lecture was mainly focused on Mapping. The professor started out by talking about how maps allow us to see where we want to go. He described many forms of mapping that included mapping of beauty, power, fashion and many more. In this lecture, I got to learn the meaning of mapping. I thought it was just a map to look at places, but now I learned that mapping has to do with searching for the real meaning of whatever is presented. He showed us an artist that did odd pictures of maps and called them art. I looked at the maps and they were completely wrong. I tried to figure out why she did these maps in this certain way. The Professor also showed us pictures of advertisements that did show the product and we had to guess what they were selling. Most of the time, these advertisements were far off from what we thought the item being sold was. At the end of the lecture, he showed us a video of twin girls who had a different language and that no one understood them. I was surprised and didn’t even know this could happen. Overall the lecture taught me the real meaning of mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment