Sunday, April 17, 2011

John Cage Reading

This weeks reading response is on John Cage. John Cage artistic views were mainly focused on music. He was a composer and writer who loved to experience new types of music. His unique music got him recognized all over the world. He was born in California and was a smart student. John Cage went to Europe at a young age to pursue his studies. There he would find what his calling in life was. He would return back and work odd jobs and at the same time study music with a great music artist. Although many of his works and performances were not appreciated by the audience, he would not give up and produce more music.                                                                                                                                                    After reading this piece, I really admire and respect John Cage for his hard work and determination to be the best. I like his way to thinking and how he would never give up even when the audience laughed at him and booed him. If it were me I would have tried some other occupation, but he didn’t. The public would call him a joke and he would ignore it because he knew he had talent. I like how he not only focused on music but on theater also. Again the audience would reject this but he didn’t give up. John Cage is one of the most talented and strongest artist I have ever known. His message really shows me that if I want something in life, that I shouldn’t give up on it regardless on what others think about it. What’s important is how I feel and that is something I have always been told, because in  the end , it’s my profession and my life and no one can stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment