Thursday, April 21, 2011

Strong/Weak Art Work Day 2

Today in my art class, we did presentations again for confessions. Everybody’s presentation was amazing and reflected something about themselves. Today’s confessions were more deeply personal and made us feel emotional. One confession that I really liked was about a slideshow which showed pictures of our classmate’s grandmother. These photos were shown with a sound that symbolized a heartbeat and at the end of a show the sound became a loud noise that continued for about 5 seconds. Our classmate looked away and put on a blindfold to not see the slideshow. We all talked about it and we had a classmate cry because it reminded her of her grandmother. Her confession was that she was mad at her parents for giving her the news of her grandmother passing away five days later. I really liked this confession because it reminded me of my grandmother and how much it hurt me and my family when she passed away. I remembered all those wonderful times we had together and how she would always kiss me when I went to visit her at my uncle’s house. She was always in the bests of moods. Now I remember her because I have her favorite chair in my room back home. This was an amazing presentation because it was deeply personal which is what this assignment was about.
Now the next presentation was good but I thought it was rather weak in some ways. The presentation was about his experiences at Coachella and this being his first concert. I thought it was rather funny and so too did the rest of the class. He made us laugh and we all remembered our first concert experiences. I thought it was weak because he didn’t show or reveal something deeply personal which I thought was the whole point of the assignment. What I would have changed was maybe to choose another confession that was very personal. Overall they were all amazing and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment