Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reading Response: Robert Rauschenberg

This week’s reading response is based on the artist named Robert Rauschenberg. His art was mainly focused his own thoughts and what came into mind. Most of society considered his art to be ugly and pointless because it made no sense. People would ask him why his interest are ugly and he would respond by asking them to give the real meaning of the word “ugly”. In my opinion, I think he did a great job in telling her to define ugly because I don’t consider art work to be ugly. Although some people had negative comments about his art work, others found it to be wonderful and excellent pieces of work. It was interesting that Robert Rauschenberg found his art skills when he was in the navy. He drew pictures of his companions. There he discovered he had a talent for art. After, he would travel to Europe and New York to promote his art work.  He would use only black and white colors so that the colors won’t overlook the other. When he became successful, he joined an art club in which fellow artist would discuss the works of others and evaluate. The Dante art pieces were the art works that brought him fame and got him noticed by famous artists.
Overall this reading showed me that no matter what people say about a work you made, always have positive feelings about your work and don’t let those comments bring you down. I like how he would travel around to promote and show his work. this shows just how dedicated he is to art. I would love to one day see one of his drawings because they seem so interesting and I would like to comment on them. For sure I wouldn’t call them ugly and I want to see why people did call them such thing. I really enjoyed reading this piece because it showed me how dedicated a person can be to something they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment