Friday, April 1, 2011

Response to Intro Reader

The intro of the reader is also an introduction to the five artists mentioned in the book. It introduces the artists definition of the term “art” and what their workings are. It mentions that Merce Cunningham was a dancer and choreographer and that most of his art work was based on dance because it was what he experienced most of the time. The intro talks about where the artists came from and what motivates them to be what they are. I find the intro useful because I have a sense of what each artist specialty is. Now when I go to read about Merce Cunningham, I know that I am about to read about music and dance. The intro helped me look ahead into the book and now what I am expecting to find in each of these artists stories. The intro also talks about where the artist decided to sell most of their art work and why.  It also talks about a famous art piece created by Marcel Duchamp and its significance. The introduction made me think about these artist and how they use their ideas to make art. The intro also provided me with information about other ideas used in art and in the projects of these artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment