Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dinner Plate Introduced in Fast Food Restaurant

My experiment was to alter the everyday home dinner to a fast food restaurant. The everyday home dinner is composed of a dinner plate with a spoon/fork and a cup. At a fast food restaurant, everybody eats with their hands and there are no formal plates. My experiment was to take the home dinner experience to the fast food place. I bought some a plate with fork and cup and went to Jack in the Box to eat. When I got my order I placed all my food on my plate and drink on my cup. It looked really weird because everyone around me was eating with their hands and drinking from a straw. My understanding of a fast food restaurant is a place where you can eat informally and use no utensils. The people around me would just look at me in a weird way and giggle behind my back. This helped me understand better that Jack in the Box was meant as a fast food place where if you eat with a dinner plate and cup, the rest of the people within  that environment are going to make comments about what I’m doing an maybe laugh and giggle because I look silly.


1 comment:

  1. I like you're beginning to incorporate images into your blog posts! It really punches up the interest! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete