Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Free Write

In today’s Free Write, I would like to talk about ways in which I view design to be art. I love to watch wrestling and always as part of the entrance of the superstars, there is a big screen and lights that come on during the show. I always admire the people who make this happen because it takes great artistic experience and creativity to come up with such design. Also at the begging of the show,  the fireworks go off and the fans begin to get excited because this signals the start of a great night. I had always admired this from the TV’s point of view but when me and my brother got to go to one of these events, it was completely amazing to see all those lights and the stage overlooking the audience. I sat at my seat and just stared across the arena to admire what a great way the workers had designed the arena. The stage was incredible and I thought to myself, where do they come up with these ideas? Then I knew it was their artistic minds working in creating such spectacle. The fireworks were loud and the lights were so bright. The music played as the superstars entered the ring and I would get up and cheer and boo. Most people were doing the same thing. When the show was over, I stayed like 5 minutes after just to glance back at the arena one last time. I told myself that I would love to one day work as an artistic designer who puts these shows together. I hope to one day return so I can once again admire and see what new surprises I get.  
       This is me just before entering the Staples Center of the big show!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment