Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Strong/Weak Art Work

Today in my art class, we did our confessions projects. We didn’t get through all of them but the ones that were presented were absolutely amazing. There was some that were really personal and others that confessed to still hold a grudge. One work that really touched me deeply was a project done about a confession of rape. The project was that all classmates received a cup in which only 4 of about 30 had a substance. This substance was portraying some kind of drug. Our classmate told us about the time she was rapped after she had a drink with a stranger at a concert. For her to tell us that story made us think about the way this is happening in society today. She explained to us how she was positive that she was rapped. At that moment, I thought she was the bravest and strongest girl I have met because this was a huge and personal confession. We all talked about her project and made comments. This presentation showed me how these things can happen to anybody whether it is at a party or a concert, we must all pay attention to what is given to us and who is giving it to us.
A presentation that I thought was weak was done by our classmate  and his confession was that when he was young, another boy picked up a metal truck and threw it at his face and hates him for that even to this day. I thought it was rather weak because all he brought as a prop was a small shirt. We all liked it but in my opinion he could have done more. He could have done a drawing or brought in a picture of them. That is what I would have done. Overall the project was good and successful but I would change those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment