Monday, April 4, 2011

Response to Lecture

I feel that the theme of today Art Lecture was based on Self. The Professor began lecture with naming so features that go along with each person and how they can be used to identify someone. This portion was really interesting because he mentioned how images and profiles can say about ones personality. I totally agree because when people look at me on my facebook page, the pictures I post can really say a lot about my personality. They can say I have a great attitude and I like attending concerts. the Professor then moved on to talk about Famous Artists. He spoke about Albert Chong. From what I got out of the art pieces shown, it looked like Albert Chong’s pieces related to nature because he would use different plants and shells in his artwork. Another Artists presented was Anne Nogle. Anne Nogle’s art work was really amazing because she showed that she isn’t afraid to show what she looks like. She doesn’t hide her face or body. I like it how most of her art work is based on self portraits and shows every detail of her body.  The Professor went on to name more artists that had their own unique way of expressing themselves. The Professor ended lecture with showing videos about artists and how they express themselves about another one’s success. Overall this lecture introduced me to new artists and how they use their characteristics to make a good art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment