Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strong/Weak Art Work Day 3

In today’s section, we had more confession presentations. They were all good and dealt with something personal. My classmates and I observed the confessions and had a class discussion about the project. We tried to guess what the confessions and then the confessors would talk about their project and its meaning. Some were good and some needed some more help. One project that related very much to me is a project that was about getting a letter from a college saying you have been dismissed and how she managed to get back into school without her parents finding out. She started talking about this experience and made me think about my academic situation as well.  I also received a letter from the college of letters and science saying I was subject to Disqualification. When I saw it, I felt like crying and made me think about my parents reaction. What was my family going to think of me? Then I read that I had a chance to get back in if I wrote a letter to the dean. After a month of waiting I got the news that I would be reinstated on probation for fall and I am still on probation. This project made me sentimental and I relived that day when I too got the letter.
                One project that I found weak was one about my classmate being lost while camping with his family. The presentation was cool because of the way it was presented in the dark with noises in the background. I thought it was a weak confession and he could have presented more. I would have gone more personal and dig up some more info about that night. Overall these confessions were great because they relate something very personal to the confessor.

No comments:

Post a Comment