Friday, April 8, 2011

My work document: Week 2

This week’s art work was to alter and everyday action to a different environment. When the assignment was given out, me and my TA brainstormed about possible solutions. Then we got it. My experiment was that I would take the experience of having a home dinner at a fast food restaurant. I went to Kmart and bought a dinner plate, a fork, and a cup and took them to Jack in the Box. When I got my order I out my food on my plate and put my drink in my cup. It looked like I was having a fancy dinner at a fast food place. The people who were also eating at Jack in the Box looked at me in a funny way and were laughing and giggling. Why were they laughing? It turns out that society has its rules and manners on how to eat at a fast food restaurant. You must eat with your hands, use not utensils, and be messy. I was doing the exact opposite. I must admit that I felt weird eating like this but I just wanted to see what peoples reactions were. They were exactly what I had imagined they were. From this experiment, I got an understanding at what the proper rules are for eating at a fast food restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment