Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Free Write

For this free write I would like to talk about my possessions that I find to give me a sense that I am home and around my family. The first item I want to talk about is my brothers’ baseball hat. He bought this hat about 7 months ago and he would always wear it. When we took a family trip to Mexico back in December, he would always wear around the town. I would also wear it a couple of times but he was the one who wore it more. My brother loves to wear hats with his attire. I think its part of who he is. He stopped wearing them about a month ago because of his new hairdo. He told me I could wear it and when I am here at school, I feel like I am with my family. It reminds me of my brother and I wear it how he wears them.
My second piece of personal possessions are some bracelets my little cousin and sister gave me. These bracelets were given to me one Sunday night before coming back to UCSB. I was eating with my family and my cousin was visiting. She and my sister were making bracelets and told me if I wanted one. I said yes and they made me two. One was blue with black and the other is white with black. When they were done they gave them to me and I really liked them.  I put them on and my little sister also gave me a silly band she was wearing. It is blue and I put all three on. After I said my goodbyes and left to UCSB. Every time I feel down and depressed, I look at these bracelets and remember that night and all the words of inspiration my family has told me. I also consider them my good luck charms.



No comments:

Post a Comment