Saturday, April 23, 2011

Comics Response chs 7 and 8

The main point the author makes in Chapter 7 was to show how art is embedded within us and what it takes to make great comics. The author begins by talking about how we create art when we least expect it. He gives various examples and one that I related to was writing with a stick in the sand. I always tend to do this and I thought it was pointless. Until I read this chapter my pointless drawings where a piece of art. Next he talks about the introduction of the six steps to creating good art. It starts with Idea and ends with Surface. We have all used this process because before creating art we have to think about our design. Then we structure it and make adjustments to it. Then before completing it, we scratch out all mismarks and then give out a masterpiece. Next he talked about the stories of people who were excited about creating comics. Some were named as great artist while others had their dreams crushed by a professional. Most of them didn’t give up and continued with their studies of comics. This part showed me to not give up on my dreams and that I need to practice if I’m told I’m not good. You just got to dust yourself off and keep going. Overall this chapter was great in teaching us about how art exists in places we least expect it.
The main point of chapter 8 is to show the importance of colors in comics. The author begins with telling us about how the first colors of comics were red, blue, and green because these can create a lot of colors when mixed together. I see how this could have worked because whenever I work with the kids, I always mix together colors by accident and they create a brand new one. The he mentions how color made an impact to comics. When color first came out in comics, the sales and cost of comic books went up.  I can see how this is true because even today, color printing is more the just normal black and white but it is still more amazing to look at. The Author then mentions how colors bring out a new aspect in viewing comics. it shows more depth and mood. Overall this chapter showed me how color made its impact in comic books and how it can show mood and depth of a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment